Question

Restraint of trade

I worked in IT as a contractor for a contracting house for one of the leading banks. I decided to leave for another position, since my contract expired in June and they had not given a new contract until the end of August, but did say (only verbally) that I could stay on, only if they cut my salary in half and when I told them that I plan to leave they asked me to leave by the end of the week so I never gave a letter of resignation

In my contract there is a restraint of trade, stating that I' m not allowed to work at the bank for 12 months

What would happen if I do go back to the bank before the 12 month period has lapsed?

It will be in a different department, i.e not the same job I did before

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Restraint of Trade

Restraints of Trade still hold good in our law. If the restraint if fair and reasonable then they can pursue you and stop you working for a competitor.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2009/12/11

Re: Restraint of Trade

Reply to labour lawyer