Posted by: Adri | 2011-06-01

restless todd waking up in screams

hi there, i have two questions please.
my daughter will be 2 in august and she use to sleep like an angel, i never had any trouble with her, but the last few weeks she wakes up during the night screaming and then takes almost half hour to fall asleep again, this happens about 2-4 times per night, sometimes more. i followed someones advice and gave her some resque drops and that seemed to have worked but only for 3 nights , now we are back to the nightly screaming sessions. ive tried everything, even lettting her sleep in the bed with me,.

i am desperate....

Expert ImageSleep Expert

This is the age when these things often happen.

I don't think sedating her is really the best solution.

If you have not already done so, put a night light into her room, so that she is not waking in a completely dark and frightening place. Make sure that all her favourite toys are there for her.

It might be worthwhile to have her checked out for things like ear or bladder infections, which can give problems at night.

Then you would need to discuss this with your pediatrician, who should be able to give you some personalized advice.

Good luck!