Posted by: mom | 2009-07-30

restless teether

It may seem like an odd question, but would some reflexology help to ease my little one with his teething?

Expert ImageReflexology expert

Dear 'Mom'

Apologieds for the late reply - but I see that there has been a comment alreasy and a very valied one. I ahve worked on babies for many disorders and discomforts - with great success - but personally not for teething. I would agree with the previous comment as refexology works on the whole body and bringing it to a balanced state.

I hope this helps.

Warmest regards

Posted by: LN | 2009-08-01

Teething is a natural development process and hence reflexology can only offer to calm the child for short periods of time. However, basic reflexology for teething can be demonstrated by your reflexologist for daily homecare use before putting the baby to bed.
Other agents like teething ring, proprietary teething gels like Teejel or Bonjela can be used in conjunction for relief.

Reducing the baby' s acidity levels has a positive effect on the teething process.

Reply to LN