Question
Posted by: Cherise Hinds | 2011/08/15

restless sleep

My husband moves around in his sleep and cant keep still, his muscles twitch and he has to constantly move.

He has discovered that tramacet helps. This is a painkiller and I would like to know wether he can take these on a permanent basis or is there an alternative that is safer that might help?

Kind Regards

Cherise

Expert ImageSleep Expert

There are probably better alternatives. Tramacet may be good if he is moving because of an underlying pain condition. Otherwise one is concerned about the possibility of side-effects if he uses it over the long term.

He should rather see a sleep doctor to work out what the most effective treatment is likely to be.