Question
Posted by: Tania | 2011/01/26

Restless Leg Syndrome

Hi, RLS has not been diagnosed however the bit of research I have done via the net is basically spot on to what I am experiencing. I have consulted a doctor a few years ago about this who wanted to send me for nerve end tests etc. which I never had done. This comes and then once in a while I will not notice it is there. For the last few months though it has been bothering me terribly. Specifically in the right foot area from about the knee down but mostly from the ankle down, it is a warm fuzzy almost pins and needles type sensation which nothing will eaze, It gets to the point where it feels i want to break my foot just to get relief.

Is there any medication that I can get over the counter to sooth the feeling or is there anything else I can do or use to help.

Tania

Hallo Tania
The medications for RLS are all prescription medications and it is always a good idea to have it properly examined by a neurologist, so that they can put you on the right medication for yourself. They use anti-epileptic and anti-depressant medication for these as it has an effect on the nervous system's irritability.
dR Bets

3
Posted by: Tania | 2011/01/27

Hi BB,

Thanks so much really really appreciate it, I have been battling even more so with it the past few weeks, where the feelings are so pre-dominant all day long in to late hours of the night and normally takes about half hour to an hour until I actually fall asleep.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Tania

Reply to Tania
Posted by: BB | 2011/01/27

I also suffer from RLS  -(

I got a number in a magazine to phone for a treatment:
08 6000 5347

I will phone today and let you know what they say.

Reply to BB
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/01/27

Hallo Tania
dR Bets