Question
Posted by: Tired | 2011/03/01

restless

My twin girl has got a serious problem, she falls asleep ok at night but not even an hour later she''s awake she then rolls around and can''t settle again... The rolling and mouning can carry on for up to 4 hours then she might fall asleep briefly and hour or two later the same thing. Some night she sleep for 2 to 3 hours.

We are quite strict in our routine at night, we do the whole bedtime rutual, she''s been co-sleeping with us as otherwise we are up every 10 min and she wakes her twin brother. I don''t think seperation anxiety can be the cause she also don''t drink much milk at night. I really don''t know what to do anymore and feel so bad for her, I can see that she really tries to fall asleep but simply can''t settle and it is getting worse. During the day she is extremly miserable and have anger outburst and tantrums she''s not settling into school well either all because of lack of sleep.

We''ve tried sleep training - no luck :( What can cause this and what can I do Is there some medical condition or must I take her to a phycologist?

Please help I am out of ideas....

Expert ImageSleep Expert

Get her checked out by your paediatrician first - you will want to know that there is nothing else wrong. He will then be able to give you some advice about helping her learn to sleep through.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2011/03/02

Reply to Sleep expert