Posted by: Dee | 2009-08-13

Hi Doc. I suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome. And I do mean SUFFER greatly. Now its in my arms too. My question is " what causes this'  and " how does one cure this" 

Dear Dee

In most cases, the cause of RLS is unknown . Some people have a family history ( so could be genetic?)
Low iron levels or anemia, chronic diseases such as kidney failure, diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and peripheral neuropathy are also associated with RLS.

Certain medications such as antinausea drugs , antiseizure drugs , antipsychotic drugs , and some cold and allergy medications may aggravate symptoms. Caffeine, alcohol, and tobacco may also aggravate or trigger symptoms.

It is not curable, only manageable and the best person to treat this is a neurologist.