Question
Posted by: LISA | 2008/09/23

REST OF BODY IS FINE- EXCEPT THE TUMMY

I' M 26 YEARS OLD. HEIGHT 1.45

' VE HAD A BABY AND 7 MONTHS HAE PASSED. PRIOR TO PREGNANCY I WEIGHED 37.7KG. I NOW WEIGH 39.5KG AFTER THE BIRTH OF MY BABY.

IM A SIZE 28-30.

I CAN' T UNDERSTAND THAT EEN THOUGH I' M NOT OVERWEIGHT, WHEN I SIT I HAVE A HORRIBLE FOLD IN MY TUMMY. HOW DO I TONE THIS- OR CAN THIS EVEN BE TONED ?

DO I JUST NEED A LOSE A KILO OR TWO OR IS THERE ANY TONING EXCERCISE I CAN DO. I PREFER LOSING THE KILOS BY DIETING, COS I REALLY DONT HAVE THE TIME TO EXCERCISE

Dear Lisa
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. Your BMI = 18,8 is actually underweight, so there is no way that you should lose more weight - in fact you should gain about 5 kg to get closer to your ideal weight. The fold on your tummy is probably due to the pregnancy which stretched your skin. If you continue losing weight, the fold will only get more pronounced. I would recommend that you start doing targeted exercises for the tummy like situps. It may be a good idea to also discuss this fold with the gynae or dr who delivered your baby to find out if exercise will help, or if you need plastic surgery to remove the fold.