Question
Posted by: Yas | 2009-02-10

response to Post 238

Thanks for your reply, Im hoping its a phase I have been to my GP and to an ENT Im still taking his medication for vertigo I saw a specialist physician today he did a pressure check and listened to my heart aswell and everything else he doesnt think its anything to worry about he doesnt even want be to go for tests or anything he tells me he feels it could be my medication but he feels I could be over training which is ridiculous as I have taken 3 weeks off now to my final question is it possible that I could be lacking any minerals?Is there any amino acids which could cause this as in too much of a certain amino acid? I need finality on this. Since I havnt train in 3 weeks I should expect some muscle loss right or am I wrong?I dont feel as full and hard as 3 weeks ago also how long will it take to gain my strength and muscle back?

Hi Yas

I doubt it. Mineral deficiencies are incredibly rare (unless your diet is exceptionally poor), and even if it was, you'd experience more than just this. I still believe that what I suggested previously is the likely cause and I think it probably is a phase. The doctor's checks don't often work, because did they check it after your training session? Probably not, so it's a "poor" test that can't really be applied. But what's important is that they did do tests that are reliable and they confirm that nothing is wrong. So you should take confidence in that and just continue your training trying to manage the problem, as I said last time.

In terms of the comeback, you'll have lost a little bit of fitness, but within a week or so you'll be back to where you left off, so just expect the first week to be a little down on your previous ones, and then build from there.

Ross