Posted by: Wondering | 2009-02-16

Resigning after returning from maternity

I was on maternity leave for 4 months and subsequently was made a job offer at another company. The existing company that I work for is in a terrible state and retrenchments are being done (I wasn' t affected though). Apparently in our company' s Policies and Procedures it is stated that you should work back 12 months to the company when you come back from maternity leave. I never signed this policies and procedures and only came to know of it before I went on leave. Can the company expect me to pay or work back 12 months if I didn' t sign anything to this effect?

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Anyone may resign after they resign after they return from Maternity, however, it is important to have a look at the company's policies and procedures carefully. If you never signed or knew about the polocies and procedures then you can't be expected to be held by them.

Posted by: Riana Burger | 2009-02-28

Is it possible to receive scholarship from other private company while you are permanent employed. I was terminated by the company since I wa unemployed I decided to further my studie so I then look for the fund at some private companies.I reported my matter to CCMA on the 15 december the arbitration award which order the company to reistate me and pay me the compensation which was due on 15 January2009.The company had not I contacted them and asked if they have received the award which was out on 15 December2008 . They said they have they are still going to discuss a way forward. I left my contct details. It been two months full still waiting for them to finish discissing the arbitration award and the way forward.and when the are going to pay me since I now long over due. In the mean time would I sit and wait or would I continue accepting the scholarship and further my education.please advicesm should I wait for reiststement of should I continue accepting the scholarship and further my education.

Reply to Riana Burger
Posted by: Paul | 2009-02-18

If its not signed for I would say NO.

Reply to Paul