Posted by: frantic | 2009-02-18

resigned from job/ weaning off anti depr

Dear CS. I have been very unhappy at work for the past year, but have stuck it out. I have been looking for other positions(I am a professional) and recently went for a very promising interview. I made the decision to resign last Friday even though I had not received my letter of appointment.

I have felt really demoralised in my current position (have been here for 10 years) and would have resigned sooner or later, but now the reality has hit that I may be unemployed for a while. Financially, it will be a strain, but my husband and I believe that we can manage for a few months. I am, however, finding it very difficult to come to terms with my decision.

I have been on Zoloft for past year, have seen a psychologist for depression. I am weaning myself off Zoloft( 1/2 tablet 3 times per week). Will I go back to my depressed anxious self once I' m weaned.

Sorry, so many questions. Please help

You know it's always wisest to wait for the formal letter of appointment to the new job, before resigning. Also, this may not have been the best time to come off your Zoloft --- best to wait until a more peaceful time in your life. Why not go back on the normal dose, and when the future is clearer, discuss with your doc what would be a good time to wean again.

Posted by: Sne | 2009-02-18

i' m also not happy in my current job but the though of resign without getting an offer its no no.

Just try your lucky and talk to your HR and said you want to withdraw from resigning bcoz your husband doesn' t support the idea of leaving them.

Reply to Sne