Posted by: Jason | 2010-07-12

Resignation notice

I''ve been in current employ for a period of 5 years. I have never signed any sort of contract and receive a monthly salary.
Am I allowed to hand in 24 hour notice without an legal repercussions ? My reason reason for leaving is due to the fact that I am being mistreated and as a result get sick quite often from the stress of it.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Resignation Notice

You cannot hand in a 24 hour notice without legal repurcussions. If you feel you are being badly mistreated you should raise a grievance and if necessary you can resign with immediate effect by stating that it is a constructive dismissal.

Posted by: Purple | 2010-07-12

You need to give one months notice.

Reply to Purple