Question
Posted by: Misty | 2010/03/02

Resignation after being back 1 month from maternity leave

Hi there,
I need some advice. I have been on maternity from October and returned in february, I now have another job closer to home and have resigned. I have 20 days leave due to me but my boss says that I should take the 10days as leave and forfeit the 10 days as a fair gesture of paying me a 1/3 of my salary during my maternity leave. He says its too soon after maternity leave. I have worked for this company for 10 years.
Is he justified is stating that.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: RESIGNATION AFTER BEING BACK 1 MONTH FROM MATERNITY LEAVE

You may resign after being back 1 month from maternity leave. However if there is an agreement in writing with the company saying that you would forfeit something then this would come into play, however they cannot just make you forfeit your leave.

1
Posted by: labour lawyer | 2010/03/02

Reply to labour lawyer