Question
Posted by: Tok | 2008/11/07

resignation advice

Hi- after working for only a couple of months with this company I realised that the environment was not where I wanted to be. I would like to know that if I resign after 6 months does the 1-2 week notice period hold apply or will I need to hand in a month' s notice as stipulated in the contract I signed?
Thanks!

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

Re: Resignation Advice

If you resign after the 6 months you need to give a one month notice period.

1
Posted by: swg | 2008/11/10

if you signed a contract you have to stick what that says. if no contract the basic conditions of employment are applicable.
possibly you could negotiate a shorter notice period tho.

Reply to swg