Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2010/05/19

Rescueing continued

Related to what I asked the other day: someone I know has been told by her counsellor that she is a rescuer. My friend now says that she must now stop always putting others first and caring for them.

I couldn''t disagree more about this: she does have a caring nature and likes to join causes (they not always last that long). But most her caring doesn''t go beyond discussing her concerns about the person who is is supposedly concerned about to whoever is listening.

This bit that you said about using rescueing as a way to be the centre of attention as well as being a means to deflect do fit, but I cannot reconcile the gossiping with the rest. Or am I wrong? I just think she (and her counsellor who has only seen her about three times) is barking up the wrong tree here. I would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Wonder

Rescuing is a broad topic, so you can explain this issue until you're blue in your face. It's also not simply black or white, it's grey.

I suggest that you read about about this issue, as well as on co-dependency on Google.

1
Posted by: Addictions Expert Forum | 2010/05/20

Hi Wonder

Reply to Addictions Expert Forum