Posted by: Max | 2009-01-09

Rescue drops for Dogs

How do you give Rescue drops to dogs ?
A cat breeder, who takes her cats to cat shows, told me that the best way to give cats rescue liquid is to dab it on their ears as it is absorbed into their systems the fastest that way.
Is this the same for dogs ? Or how do you give it to the dog ?
He surely isn' t going to stick his tongue out for me to put the drops on his tongue !!!

Dear Max

Rescue remedy is preserved in brandy. If you drink enough you will also feel relaxed. Have you ever considered opening the the dogs mouth yourself?

I would recommend Nutricalm from vets /vetshops.

Posted by: Carol | 2009-01-09

I just open their mouths and aim in the general direction.... pretty easy .

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Jacques | 2009-01-09

Hi, we give our dog the rescue tablets, they should be absorbed in the mouth so the best way is to crush them into powder (easy) &  put the powder in the mouth, under the tongue if you can... best of luck!

Reply to Jacques