Question
Posted by: A sensible guy... | 2010/02/04

RE:RE WHAT AM I DOING WRONG

You' re not doing anything wrong. I' m that boat. I don' t believe that the right guy will come at the right time - the ones that say that are in relationships already and they are happy with the status quo... honestly, that' s a load of bull!

I doubt that you are doing anything wrong. I also thought that for a while, im similar age, a little younger, 26. but am going through that phase.

I started re-evaluating whom I was dating - I will probably take flak for this - but why can' t I have my own set of standards for the type of girl I want to date? Example, if you are a professional, you may want to only date professionals - why lower your standards? If you only like guys with black hair, then date only guys with black hair - that' s what I mean. Don' t adjust your standards.

I highly doubt it' s some emotional issue - you just aren' t meeting the right people.

Start by trying to meet the type of people that you want to meet - do you like books? Hang out at the book shop, or music, goto the music store etc.

I suppose it' s all good and well saying that - I should also practice what I preach - best method is try and meet some one through friends - don' t be shy about asking your friends to set you up - you have nothing to lose.

Just put yourself out there... meet everyone with a smile. Fake that confidence if you don' t have it... you will eventually meet the right person.

I' m hoping for that too... that' s the only thing that i' m missing...

Good luck...

Wasn't there a line about foolishness being - doing the same thing, again and again, and expexting a different outcome ?

4
Posted by: Liza | 2010/02/05

I' m single and happy about it. I have lots of friends who are single too and not wanting to change it either. So I' m a bit of a slut - I only want Mr Right Now and I buy my own protection. My ex-husband has rather put me off permanent relationships - He' s only been married for a year now and his marriage is already on the rocks. My poor children. And they liked their step mother so much too!

Reply to Liza
Posted by: L | 2010/02/05

thanks very much sensible guy... you really do sound uhm... sensible :)

have an awesome day!!! and may you also find the person who appreciates you for being you!!

Reply to L

Posted by: Bobelina | 2010/02/04

Hi guy
You say : I started re-evaluating whom I was dating
I THINK THAT IS THE BEST START!

I ONCE READ A BOOK : WOMEN WHO LOVE TOO MUCH...and they said that we tend to ALWAYS choose the SAME type of people....after i changed that I MET MR. RIGHT AND NOT MR. RIGHT NOW!

- I will probably take flak for this
NO YOU WON' T
- but why can'  t I have my own set of standards for the type of girl I want to date?
AND WHY NOT? BE PROUD THAT YOU ARE PICKY

If you only like guys with black hair, then date only guys with black hair - that'  s what I mean. Don'  t adjust your standards.
I MUST SAY I LIKED DARK HAIR BLUE EYED MEN MR. RIGHT IS BALD AND HAS BROWN EYES....

Just put yourself out there... meet everyone with a smile.
TRUE ! IF YOU SIT AT HOME YOU WONT MEET ANYONE....

Reply to Bobelina