Question
Posted by: confused | 2012-09-28

request from ex

My ex and I dated for just over a year. We stayed good friends afterwards. He has a tendency towards depression. He is down at the moment and sais he has no one in his life but me and his family. We don''t live in the same province. He now asked me for an intimate video of myself as it will make him feel loved. I think that is odd but I worry as he is very down right now. I dont want him to feel like no one is therefor him. Is he just taking me for a ride? How do I explain to him that ''that'' is not what he needs.I have told him to see a psychologist. What else can i do?

Depression may well be part of the problem, but perhaps also a lack of skills in forming and keeping friends. But he's having you on. An intimate video of you ( or anyone else ) is no cure for depression or lack of love, and this is a ridiculous and outrageous suggestion. It would in no way be helpful to him or you, shows a complete lack of respect for you, and a high risk of geting leaked onto the internet or shared with others. Say NO. But strongly encourage him to see at least a GP, and preferably a psychiatrist, for a proper assessment and treatment for depression.
And maybe suggest he shouldn't ask the shrink to send him an intimate video, either.
He is taking you for a ride, and trying to play on your sense of guilt and responsibility to get you to do something foolish.
Tell him to get the help he needs, not the video he doesn't need.

3
Posted by: Hawk | 2012-09-29

hi. to be honest i dont think thats appropriate to send him that. in fact i think its disrespectful. And what if the video gets leaked onto the internet. and yes the best is for him to get help and see a psychiatrist.

Reply to Hawk
Posted by: Tanya | 2012-09-29

Yes, he sure is taking you for a ride - all the way to Timbuktu and back again!

He is your " EX"  so dont allow him to manipulate you like this. He probably wants to sell the intimate video of you to make some cash, or blackmail you - it happens all the time.

As you dont even live in the same Province, you have no idea whatsoever what his life is like or exactly what is going on with him. He could be telling you anything so dont be taken in by his stories and/or lies. I''ll say again, he is your " EX" , let him get on with his life.

Reply to Tanya