Question
Posted by: Betsy | 2010/08/11

Repost

I asked the question below on 16/7/2010 and was wondering if an expert could answer for me please:

Subject: Sibutramine and Citalopram
Posted by: Betsy | 16/7/2010

Hi.

Are there any known drug interactions between sibutramine and citalopram? If there are, what are the possible side effects? If there are, what is the half-life of citalopram?

Thank you!

Betsy

Thanks.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Betsy - Sorry the forum was closed during that period, but some questions managed to "slip" thru.

To answer your question: No, these should not be used together as it may cause a major interaction in the form of serotonin syndrome.

2
Posted by: Betsy | 2010/08/12

Thank you!

I have been taking the two together for 10 days now, and have had no serotonin syndrome symptoms - as described on Wikipedia.

I have 29 tablets left, and plan on finishing them, as they are working superbly for weight loss. I am fully aware that this is not the best option, but want to do it nonetheless as it is the quickest and most effective option for now.

If I have had no symptoms, what are the chances of any developing within the next month?

Thanks.

Reply to Betsy
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/08/12

Reply to pharmacist