Reporting a therapist

I went for a 70% TCA chemical peel. The person who performed it at a beauty clinic/salon said she was qualified to perform it and showed me the courses she had done. The peel was a complete failure and I have much more damage and acne than before. Is there a mandatory/statiotory assossiation or body wich a beauty salon/clinic has to belong to ,as stated by law , I can report the insident to? What is the name?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and my apologies for the long delay with my response, but I have just returned from my London clinic.

My advice would be to consult a dermatologist who can examine the skin and advise you on the best treatment options. I am not sure how long ago the procedure was performed but one needs to be careful that scarring and pigmentation do not develop after the peel.

Please contact the SA SPA Association at and/or Dr Nadine de Freitas at Les Nouvelles Esthetiques to find the appropriate bodies to complain.