Question
Posted by: Marie | 2010/08/17

Reply to Cybershrink - Menopause

Yes HRT has helped me a lot.
But the irritability is there.
You know I could be a surgeon, I am really, really good at ripping out jugulars since I became menopausal. Not to mention the sarcasm, the wit and the straight to the point. Sometimes I amaze myself and it is not in terms of amazement at my achievement. My friend said menopause helped her make many tough decisions - indeed - I kicked out my ex, told my boss where to get off, fired a friend that needed that, sorted out various consumer issues, learnt the 3rd sign language. Yep I can actually laugh but this is not all funny as you will fully appreciate. I do not know if I must go back to the gynae or really what to do???

ech, ripping our jugulars is the easy part - its doing the repair and putting them back that is the hard part.
Interesting that you have found that the assertive aspect of the irritability has helped you do some things that needed doing, while the aggressive aspect is of course unhelpful. Maybe it'd be worth discussing with the gynae whether some adjustment and fine-tuning of the hormones might reduce the irritability.

1