Posted by: Liz 3 | 2009-07-07

Reply to Cybershrink

Hi C

Sorry I thought you were referring to my new potential boyfriend. I was singing his praises. We decided to not start anything now until we are both over our break-ups. He is 55.

My ex is 45 and yes he is a good friend / brother. I see no future in this relationship in terms of where I will be in say 10 years. He will be right where he wants to be (with me) on (his terms). But, he is not a monster of a guy, I just want more than he wants to give me. He admits it. He has always been against marriage and calls relationships " this love business" . It is me who changed and he does not like that. But he is a good friend, but did warn me that once I get married that is it...I said fine, but it is your loss. My marriage is not even imminent, heck I haven' t even met anyone that I am having anything with.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Yes ex is a good friend.
New man - I think he may just be the one.

Wise to postpone intensity until healing from earlier relationships has been achieved.
Yes, many nice people are not monsters, but not suitable life partners.