Question
Posted by: minki | 2008/12/17

Reply to bulimia

Should I leave my bf to give him the chance to have someone better or should I just appreciate his support and keep on hoping for this to work? I will get help as from January 2009.

GO and get help, and work towards an early improvement. No need to be in such a hurry to leave him --- tell him what you will do about getting help, and let him have the choice

2
Posted by: Um | 2008/12/18

I understand that you want to ' set him free'  to meet a nice girl who can offer him everything he so well deserves, but he loves you enough to stick through the tough times. That is not something you get from any man, that is something worth holding on to. It will get better and one day when you' re well again you' ll think back on the hard times and just love him more and more each day and then you can give him all the love he deserves, and also support him in the same way.

Reply to Um
Posted by: Um | 2008/12/18

Why hurt him even more by pushing him away? If he did not want to be there for you, then he would have left a long time ago. Who will support you in any progress or help you get if he' s no longer there?

The least you can do is appreciate his support and do the best you can - for yourself and also for him. Tough situations makes us stronger, believe me.

Good luck!

Reply to Um