Posted by: anon | 2009-09-03

If this could have been a transient Ischemic attack, what would happen if I just ignored it ? It hasn' t caused any damage which I am aware of. My husband thinks I am being silly and are looking for symptons when there is none. It makes sense that this could be the cause, as I had slurred speech after the ' dreams'  and alsp couldn' t even remember every day things. Could this lead to a stroke and if so is there anything I can do to avoid it?
My medical aid is exhausted and I do not have the money to go and see a neurologist. This happened a week ago and hasn t happened since.

Dear Anon
Post 4079 is not about TIA ?
Anyway, one should not ignore a TIA as it is a warning that you may be at risk for a stroke. One should have a full examination by a neurologist as there are preventative measures you can take depending on what they find as the cause. If you can't see a neurologist, see your GP as he may be able to identify some of the causes and start you on medication until you can see a neurologist.