Posted by: mom | 2010-10-20

reply on Conserta

Thank you so much. My child suffers from narcolepcy - I only attended to the problem after I tried everything thinking it was something like ADD (absolute no ADHD) - No medicine she took helped - went for all the EEG etc no specific diagnosis until a GP said one day - " Does she not have Narcolepsy - I have it and sounds so the same."  - I realised then and there it is IT - as her Grandfather most definitely have it (undiagnosed) But after years of me thinking he is plain rude to sit and sleep in conversation - it dawned on me one day years ago - my husband and ih lighter I think also have it in a much lighter sence. - I was quite set against the choice of meds to treat it - but since her life quality and sleep has improved so much I would be cruel to stop it due to my fear of her being labled.

HI there

There was a spate of positive tests for narcolepsy a few years ago - athletes trying to take advantage of the system! The solution in her case is the same - she can get medical exemption and then continue to compete. However, if she does not, then yes, the substances she takes would put her at risk of a positive test, so hopefully the medical certification won't be a problem - from the sounds of it, it will not be at all!