Posted by: No Name | 2009-03-13

Repetitive Dream

" Repetitive dreams: Such as post-traumatic nightmares, these depict, with numerous, highly similar versions..."  &  " same bad dream over and one of the common symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder."  are quoted from a recent article. I have often had a dream of an incident which happened to me at school, whereby a creaturous child which was not an actual student of my school knew my name and was waiting for me around a corner while I was on my way to another class. He told me to see a teacher after school, a teacher incidently which I was not taught by, but attended the same school. I was a bit confused by the matter, in that I had no bearing on why she would want to see me as I was not taught by her. I asked this strange boy where her class room was and he randomly pointed to one nearby. After school I went to the class room which was strangly bare of all furniture (desks etcetera) and had no pictures or normal classroom diagrams on the walls. The chalkboard was cleaned and there was odly just a broom in the corner. She ushered me into the room and locked the door while saying :" wait here I will be back now with someone else."  On returning she was accompanied with another teacher, whom was a senior teacher and whom I was also not taught by. She then said to him:" This is the boy I was telling you about."  It was all quite surreal, as I recollected the boy who knew my name and whom I did not know, nor had never seen before at the school. I was wondering what was going on, so I asked her: " What this is all about?"  She then said in a defensive tone to the male teacher:" Do you see this? He keeps acting as is if he' s done nothing wrong. How am I supposed to deal with that."  The male teacher then nodded and said: " I can see your problem with him? It' s a good thing you asked me to come with you and attend this matter."  He then looked at me and said :" the reason why we have that broom here is to make you clean the floor. I want this whole classroom swept and untill its clean we are not unlocking the door and letting you go."  I refused to do anything of the sort as I felt the whole matter bizarre and unatural, and more so freakishly unjustified. I said: " Would you please unlock the door as I want to go home now."  He then said then he would have no option but to cane me if I resisted and the broom stick looked a little ominous. I then submitted and swept the classroom floor and in shock wept all the while. The female teacher had a permanant glee in her eyes as she watched... And for some reason I kept having a repetitive dream about this incident for many years, oddly in the dream I was always being chased by an unseen wraith-like thing. What is the reason why the wraith-like thing is unseen?

This sounds very like a dream, but not like anything which would actually have happened. Seeing a counsellor could help you explore this BRIEFLY< and then get out of the bad habit of wasting your time thinking about it so much