Posted by: mimi | 2010-01-22

Repaired aorta valve

hi doc , I had an aortice heart valve repaired (not replaced) , I also have a gr 1 mitral valve prolapse (not concerned). I am 32 years old , I have a question and hope you could give me your opinion , I have been searching for website info but this seems to be very scares ! My surgeon told me after the op that all went well , the valve does not leak anymore , I am very pleased about this but he mentioned that the valve should last me for 10 years , this makes me scared, could you possibly PLEASE give me your opinion - Thank you

I am unable to provide you with an informed opinion, as I do not have experience in cardio-thoracic surgery. I suggest that you get a second opinion.