Question
Posted by: Cat | 2010/07/22

Reoccuring Head Lice

Hi, I wonder if you can help please. Annually, there is a ''lice'' alert in schools, mostly during the summer months. Last year (November) both my girls picked up head lice from toher kids. I naturally went ahead with treatment ... the cut a long story, it is now 8 months on and it keeps reoccuring. 1. It''s driving me nuts because the treatment is costing me a fortune. 2. My girls are very frustrated and embarrased. I don''t know what else to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated please.

Hi Cat
It is frustrating! What worked well for me is when you have them lice free, rinse the hair with vinegar water after washing, blowdry, then cover the face with a towel and very lightly spray the hair with Paraspray. Let her bend forward and spray the hair at the bottom too. Try to avoid spraying it directly on the scalp as it is absorbed through the skin. Tea tree shampoo is a natural lice repellant if you can get hold of it.
Hope it helps

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/22

Hi Cat
Hope it helps