Posted by: Rachel | 2009-12-04

Reoccuring Fissure

Im 27 years old

About a month to a month and a half ago i went to my doc because of rectal bleeding (very slight - like when you nik yourself shaving). My Doc said it was a fissure and prescribed me suppositaries and cream as well as a laxitive to help with the slight constipation...

Lately the problem seems to be re-occuring... same pain (maybe not as severe) but whether there is blood or not varies... I have made a concerted effort to drink more water and eat more fruit and veg...
It it normal for a fissure to reappear??? Or should i be concerned that its something else??

It is possible that you have injured yourself while passing stools and that the fissure has reappeared. I suggest that you consult your doctor for a proctoscopy. In the interim you can use Scheriproct suppositries that is available over the counter, as well as Fibrogel to help you keep regular and to soften your stools.