Question
Posted by: Mavy | 2009/12/09

Renal Failure

I would like to know what effect sex has on a male person with Chronic renal failure?

Mavy, I had to consult a medical colleague on this one. Dr Ramlachan informed me that:
1. the associated underlying conditions with chronic renal failure include diabetes, hypertension,etc which are associated with erectile difficulties (ED), therefore he may suffer with both renal failure and ED due to the primary problems. The use of a PDE5 (e.g. Viagra, Levitra, Cialis) is okay in this circumstance unless it is specifically contraindicated in the patient.

2. If tiredness is an issue (and this may be exacerbated by exertion during sex), anaemia should be corrected.

3. The patient should not have sex on days of dialysis

I hope this helps.

Claire Rockliffe-Fidler
On behalf of SASHA

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/09

I hope this helps.

Claire Rockliffe-Fidler
On behalf of SASHA

Reply to Sexologist