Posted by: stressed friend | 2008-12-01

re:my wedding or yours? Feedback

Ok, this is how it went down?!? I was so stressed on Friday that i literally went to 3 salons, and had three different hairstyles!!! and at the end of the day i hated them! I had to undo my hair at 3am. Come Saturday morning - i was dog tired!!! in fact - i didn' t want to go to the wedding anymore! first i called the other hairstylist that i called the previous night - to cancel, and then i didn' t pitch for my manicure - although my pedicure was done. As i was laying in bed at 08:00 my better half had to motivate me to get up and go to the wedding! there i was : undone hair and no manicure!! i just wanted to die!! but i heard a little voice whispering in my ear, reminding me that it was not my wedding afterall (thanks to someone who mentioned that)!!! off i went got prepared and everything! but i didn' t know where the church was - so i had to stop at every garage and ask people on the road for directions!!! i got there eventually and just on time- just as the Priest asked the Maiden of honor to come forward and i just walked straight to the altar!!! (sounds dramatic- i know, but it' s the truth)!!! Anyway then we went for the reception!!! it was on the outside!!! so i thank God that my make up didn' t get ruined due to the sun, but i got a bit of a tan... although my feet still ache (damn stilletoos) - i/we had a good time, but i cannot believe that i signed as a witness with my nails looking like this!?! hhhhhhh (huge sigh)!

I forgot to mention that my friend wanted to make a mockery of me!! She looked like a princess in eyelashes and the works - evil

I'm still puzzled about why a pedicure is considered essential, even if it was an all bare foot wedding. It sounds as though you saw someone else's wedding as essentially all about you. Unless you undergo skilled counselling to boost your inner self-esteem, you're limiting yourself to this sort of totally superficial and shallow life in which a broken finger-nail is a life crisis. As aNoN says, wouldn't everyone wish they could afford to worry about such trivial problems as you create for yourself.

Posted by: R u for real!!!!! | 2008-12-03

Get over yourself woman!!!!!!!!!!! It was not your wedding. You didn' t know where the Church was?!?!?!?!?!?! ON THE DAY OF THE WEDDING!!!! You were so self obsessed that you could not be there for your friend, the person that chose YOU, for some reason, to be her MOH.

And then you still have the nerve to tell us about your little ordeal. Oh please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to R u for real!!!!!
Posted by: ? | 2008-12-02

lol...someone backs u up, and suddenly u appear out of no where! lol

I swear, me and all my collegues at work are reading ur posts and having a good laugh at you! lol.

Anyway, I don' t have any energy to waste on you. Enjoy ur day! :)

Reply to ?
Posted by: stressed no more | 2008-12-02

well, thanks ? for understanding and Anon and the Shrink - it' s not my fault if your looks aren' t important to you!!! no wonder some people stink and have bad breaths - is it confidence? high self-esteem? i don' t think so!

Reply to stressed no more
Posted by: ? | 2008-12-02

LOL! look...even the cybershrink thinks she' s a superficial airhead and needs counselling. And that' s coming from someone with a professional background. So I really don' t need to say more.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Eish | 2008-12-02

? u have a serious problem...the fact that u dont believe in looking good should not make u want to rub it off to other people...Im sure u old and boring,please just shut up if u dont have anything to say most of us young people believe in looking our best all the time regardless of the fact that its not our wedding..

Im glad u looked good girl and also the bride..

Reply to Eish
Posted by: ? | 2008-12-01

who said anything about u upstaging her?

U wanted her to keep up with you? Gosh, I' m so glad I have friends that are not like you. On my wedding day, they were there to support me and be happy for me.

Look...u should probably just keep quiet. U' re making a fool of urself on this forum.

Reply to ?
Posted by: stressed no more | 2008-12-01

no my dear - i looked fabulous! my own hair just did the trick - i was radiant, i mean glowing - i looked beautiful... and i didn' t want to upstage her, i wanted her to keep up with me!!!!

Reply to stressed no more
Posted by: ? | 2008-12-01

Oh man, you' re really something else.

I' m glad the bride looked like a princess.

Shame, so all ur stress about trying to look good didn' t quite pan out in the end. LOL!

Reply to ?
Posted by: aNoN | 2008-12-01

I wish my problems were as ridiculous ................

Reply to aNoN

yes anon - i am so so glad that it' s over!!!! can' t wait to see the pics - ' cause yours truly looked fabulous...even though i have to say so myself!

Reply to stressed no more
Posted by: Anon from the other day | 2008-12-01

Glad all went reasonably well in the end. It is all over now.
So you can sit back and relax.
PS She is allowed to look like a princess on her wedding day.

Reply to Anon from the other day
Posted by: tsk | 2008-12-01

tsk tsk well its obvious someone wanted to steal the show...Bit of a drama queen

Reply to tsk