Question
Posted by: Tonsil | 2011/03/02

Removing It

Hi Doc.

I''m 30 years old and wanted to know if it would be advisable to have my tonsils removed.
I keep getting ''tonsoliths'' and it gives me bad breath.
If I remove them I can''t get them anymore.
Please advise as I have heard that the older you are the worse this op.and recovery is. I do get lots of throat of infections usually during winter and lots of them but otherwise not.
So mosly I would just want to remove them because of the tonsoliths.

Hallo Tonsil
We usually advise removal of tonsils if you get more than 3 infections (tonsillitis) in a year. Tonsolliths can also develop in the tonsils at the back of the tongue so even if you remove the "regular" tonsils, it may not clear up the problem 100%. Best is to let an ENT specialist have a look and give you advise on the findings at examination.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2011/03/02

Hallo Tonsil