Question
Posted by: Mamakay | 2010/11/17

removal of painless lump in the right breast

had histological reportof my breast lumpwhich showed sections of the breast cavities feeled with neutrophils surrounded by parenchyma contains mixed infammatory cells.as there are areas of stromal fibrosis.many of the ducts show inflammation around the ducts with destruction of glandular epithelium and surrounding fibrosis.One of the ducts shows SQUAMOUS METAPLASIA and no evidence of malignacy.please help me understand what this report means in general terms

Dear Mamakay
In short it showed that you had inflammation in the area (could be due to an infection or injury) and the squamous metaplasia is caused by the irritation of the tissue. You probably had a mastitis with a lump forming due to scar tissue and inflammation.
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/11/17

Dear Mamakay
dr Bets