Question
Posted by: Eve | 2010-11-17

Removal of Mirena

I have posted a few questions on this sight regarding the Mirena.
I have now decided to remove it as i am one of the 10% of people that have almost all the side effects. What pill is safe to use after removing the Mirena (without the weight gain etc)? And how long after removing the Mirena can i go onto the pill? I am going on Holiday on the 24th of Dec and really dont want to have my period while i am there, how can i avoid this from happening?
Thank-you for your help.

You could try Yasmin and start this immediately after removing the Mirena. You will be protected after 7 active pills. You could skip the placebos to miss a period, though this is generally not a good idea in the first month on the Pill.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-18