Posted by: Posh | 2008-12-11

Removal Of Fibriods

Hi Doc,

Please help me here, I have been having pains in my obdomen and decided to see a gynae, I' ve known for over 5 yrs that i have fibriods and always suffer excruciating period pains, but other than that they have not given me much problem other that the back ache every now and again. I went on Holiday with my man and then suddenly I was having these burning sensations. Also I took the depo injection (my first) towards the end of Oct. For the last two weeks I have been spotting non stop and that is more or less when the burning sensantion started.

I then went to see a gynae and after the " check up"  it was discovered that the cause of the burning pain was due to the fibroids, he advised that I should have them out, we then booked to have this done next week. Now my question is this (I know I should have asked this while there but didn' t, was overwhelmed I guess) what are the risks involved in having fibroids removed, how long does it take to recover and what are the implications of having to go through the whole process, by this I mean, I would like to have some idea of what is it I' m up against, what are the dangers etc.

Please, I would really appreciate your help in this as I don' t have much time before the op takes place.

See below