Question
Posted by: sharon | 2011/05/05

Removal of a 7cm fibroid

good day, I have a 7 X 5 cm fibroid which my gynae has advised i have removed before attempting to fall pregnant. the risk is that my uterus may be damaged during surgery. my doc says due to size of fibroid ,i cannot have it removed by keyhole surgery. what is your advise? can a fibroid that size be removed by keyhole surgey?
i really want to fall pregnant next year and do not want to risk injury to my uterus.please help

Keyhole surgery will not lessen the chances of damage to the uterus. If the fibroid has grown into the muscle of the uterus, then it will have to be removed from there. This is not usually a big problem other than that you may have to have a caesarean when you fall pregnant.

1