Question
Posted by: Di | 2010-05-06

Remeron - weaning

Hi. I am a fit and healthy 40 year old female. Work part time with 2 children and studying for PhD. I am on Efexor and Remeron indefinitely for depression (been in remission for 3 years now).

I was put on Remeron because I struggle to sleep and also suffered from anxiety and the sleeping tablets did not help at the time. Even on the Remeron (15 to 30 ml), I still wake several times during the night and rise at 5am (go to sleep at 11pm).

Would really like to wean myself from the Remeron (not the Efexor) and try to sleep normally. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Expert ImageSleep Expert

You need to discuss this with your psychiatrist - if issues were to arise on withdrawal, he needs to be aware, and be ready to do whatever else might be necessary.

1
Posted by: Sleep expert | 2010-05-07

Reply to Sleep expert