Question
Posted by: dw | 2010/02/19

remeron and venlor

Hi Doc. I was on remeron 30 mg for over a year but my anxiety was still there. My doc has prescribed venlor 75mg to take with it. I have been on both now for a week and still feel my anxiety is there i.e. I can breathe. How long does it take to take full effect? My psych says once Im stable I can start weaning myself off the remeron. Thanks.

Remember that CBT counselling (specifically ) is equally as effective as meds for anxiety problems, and with more lasting benefits.
Though many antidepressants can be helpful in anxiety, Venlor is not one I would favour for that use, and in some people it is definitely no helpful for anxiety symptoms. In a more complex situation such as you describe, if you are being treated by a GP, I would recommend asking to see a specialist psychiatrist, for a more expert assessment and planning of treatment, which your GP may be able to continue from there on.
If this treatment has been prescribed by a pstychiatrist, then you need to call his ofice and ask these questions as he needs to explain his plan to you more carefully, and consider revising it if needed.

2
Posted by: ?????? | 2010/02/21

Cybershrink
The person said ''her psych'' meaning her psychiatrist.....
How can you refer the person to a psychiatrist while she is seeing a psychiatrist.....

Reply to ??????