Question
Posted by: Charlotta | 2010/08/31

Remeron

Why is ''''Remeron'''' so well known for gaining weight and it does. I am taking Venlor 150 in morning and Remeron 15mg at night., must up to 30mg. The remeron makes me sleep better, but the weight gaining!!! I am seeing a pchyciatrist. I am 58. I do feel better, but the weight gaining is a big worry for me, already thinking of leaving it, althought my pcyciatrist said, it it what you put in your mounth thats making you fat, but im not to sure about that. Thanks

ALL antidepressants MAY cause weight gain in some of those who take them. Remeron may be rather more likely to do so than some others. As a side-effect some drugs may make it easier for you to gain weight, but ultimately it is a matter of eating more than one expends by exercise.
I don't understand, though, why so many docs seem to have a favourite drug they use in most patients and seem reluctant to change, even when they're either proving ineffective or to have nuisance side-effects
Bee, so there can be advantages to keeping a nearly empty fridge ?

2
Posted by: Bee | 2010/08/31

Remeron made me pick up so much weight, it made me even more depressed. I ended up in front of the fridge every night at 2pm! There must be an alternative re the medicine....

Reply to Bee