Question
Posted by: Preggymom | 2011-06-23

Relly sore back

Hi doc
I am 22 weeks pregnant and I am getting a very sore back lately. I am very active so it''s not from a lack of exercise, but I think it''s from sittng at a desk duirng the day.
It''s not so much my lower back as the area just above my buttocks and the middle of my spine. It jsut aches when i have been at work for a while to the point where it''s really sore.

Any ideas how to stop this? Or alleviate it?

Also I broke my coccyx 2 years ago and in the last 2 weeks i''ve started noticing that when I get up from sitting at work it''s really sore. Is this because of the extra weight I''m now carrying?

What do you suggest? I do a lot of stretching and use the old tennis ball against a wall to rub my back on but that only helps for a little while. My chair seemed quite comfy at work before but clearly it''s not working for me anymore.

Do I need a pillow? Or is there a way i should be sitting?

Thanks!

Expert ImageChiroDoc

At 7 months you are fairly advanced and can expect a fair amount of discomfort. However, ahysiotherapist or chiropractor after examining you - could possibly advise on more specfic measures to relieve this discomfort. Try walking a bit too. Extended periods of sitting or standing is not advised.