Question

Relationships

There is this guy that i met two years ago and we have been friends eve since. When we met he was working in another province far from where i live. In January this year he got the job in gauteng, the very same town where i live and work. Since he moved this side we have been spending a lot of time together. And that made me realise that is a very nice guy and has a very good heart.

It turned out that we were both single. We then decided to take our relationship to another level. When he proposed me, i did not accept immediately because there were issues that concerned me. The guy is 5 younger than me and i had never dated someone your than me. I had to think long and hard about it and eventually decided to give it a chance.

Now here is the problem, ever since we started dating which is 2 months ago there is just no chemistry between us. I tried discussing this with him he said he had noticed it but that did not bug him cause most of the relationships he had started like that and pick up as time goes on. I don''t know maybe i am expecting too much here but are the early days of the relationship not suppose to be a " honeymoon"  phase? My heart is telling me that maybe things will get better with time but my head is telling me that we are going owhere slowly... I think we were doing great as friends than as lovers.

Lets see what other readers can suggest here, as its really not a psychiatric question. Maybe things will improve, maybe not

3
Posted by: Latoya | 2011/10/18

My little head tells me, if there''s no chemistry, there is no attraction, if there is not attraction, there''s no feelings, whether they will develop at some point or not, am not sure.

Life is silly, people meet and like each other, when they get closer they realise that, what they thought would be, is not, there are a number of things that turn can turn anyone off, and you start withdrawing slowly, not easy to tell them, but you start slowing down when you suppose to be loving, caring and all, this is when one need to run away from you, but because we human, they do it in a very polite way, Anon you are right when you say, the first few days, weeks, months of any relationship should be honeymoon stage, where you spend more of your time together intimately.

Reply to Latoya

All he wanted was sex from you