Question
Posted by: Anon1 | 2010/09/17

Relationships

Dear doc, I am destroying my soul i think asking and getting good advise and not following through on it... well... It is killing me inside. I wrote to you last week and you''ve advised that I seek professional help. I didn''t get to that yet. In the mean while I''m still involved with a married guy which i''ve met in the clinic and feeling totally sick about this..........I don''t know how to stop. Feeling pity and liking the attention and not wanting to be intimate with him and yet I lead him on and entertaining sex talks etc. Why am I doing this to myself? I''m still accepting his gifts I feel terrible about this and wish I could just stop. He parks outside my house some nights in the hopes of seeing me. I''m so scared but yet I play this ugly game. He says that he''ll do anything for me and without me his life will end. How true this is I don''t know but he already had 2 suicide attempts where he landed up in the hospital in a coma. What on earth is wrong with me. I even pretend and often tell him I love him. Why can''t I just stop. He is on his way to my office now with a gift and he told me that he''ll wait for me outside because he must see me. He even said should it come to a point where his desperate to see me he''ll hijack me. Should I seriously be worried about it all I know is that I''m feeling sick and I''m not thinking straight.

GET PROPER PROFESSIONAL HELP, as previously recognized. You CAN stop this foolish affair, but probably have mixed feelings, wanting the gifts and the compliments, and fearing the other less pleasant and likely consequences. STOP telling yourself you can't help it - you CAN!
He sounds like a highly unstable person who is at risk ayhow, and should not be allowed to blackmail you into doing whatever he wants, for fear of him harming himself - as you were boh at the same clinic, discuss this with your own doctor who can also discuss it with this man's doctor.
Of course you should take this seriously - he threatens to hijack or kidnap you, and you are still wondering whether this is serious ?
IMMEDIATELY arrange to see and if possible call your own doctor and tell him all about this.
Whether you love him or he loves you is irrelevant when someone is making dangerous threats.

5
Posted by: Phil | 2010/09/18

You know what, if you have ever been on the receiving end of being used. Then you would never do it to someone else. Andyes, it can physically kill a person or make them do stupid things. But most definately it kills a little bit of a person deep inside, and that really hurts.

Reply to Phil

Posted by: be warned | 2010/09/17

YOU ARE PLAYING WITH FIRE! Seek professional help ASAP.You are tempting fate by encouraging him. Besides the fact that this guy sounds sick, he is MARRIED! Dont accept ANY gifts, no matter how small or big. If you dont seek help, you will only have yourself to blame.

Reply to be warned
Posted by: be warned | 2010/09/17

Reply to be warned
Posted by: anna | 2010/09/17

but do u love him?

Reply to anna