Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/08/18

relationships

im male, 17, i lack confidence and self esteem, im not great with girls and none of my relationships have worked. which is why im asking for your help. about a month ago i was getting with a girl, we spent 3 days with each other and things looked promising, i then went on holiday for 2 weeks, came back saw her for the best part of 5 minutes and then she went on holiday. shes coming back on thursday and with any luck i should see her at the weekend. i really like her and would like a relationship with her, ive been told she likes me but also been told not to rush things and she wants to take it slow, i just need some advice about what i should do because like i said im rubbish with girls and im pretty clueless about this, part of me thinks she may have lost interest i just need someone to tell me what i should do when she gets back

Expert ImageTeen expert

One of the most important life lessons is to be in the moment. Its not a very easy thing to do, and we often busy ourselves with the past and the future rather than focussing on what is happening in the here and now.

When you spend time with her, be yourself and enjoy the moment you are in rather than worrying about how things may turn out. The person who is right for you will like you for who you are, rather than who you think you should be.

Make sure that you are also not being too self-critical as this gets in the way of how people really see you. With someone who is right for you it will feel more relaxed and easy regardless of a few nerves which is normal when you find someone attractive. If you treat yourself with kindness others tend to follow suit.

1
Posted by: Teen expert | 2010/08/18

Reply to Teen expert