Question
Posted by: Anon(247) | 2010/04/18

Relationships

Maybe you have answered this one before. I went out with my girl for 8 years. We had fights and the last four became phyical. Last year we broke up after staying together for six months. I subesequently attended counselling for anger managemnt for six months. She refused to attend counselling against the recommendation of a counsellor.We lost contact for 3months...I suggested not contact coz i wanted us to find time to heal. After that I made first contact. We met several times. Went to movies and dined out. She has been to my place several times since. The closest we got was just a hug. She tells me she has moved on with her life ( no man), just focusing on her career and work. If i don''t call her for two days, she calls and asks why I am being scarce. We have watched movies and ordered take-out at my place. She doesn''t allow me to come to her place. She has asked for my help (not financial) like replacing a flat tire and other things. I love this woman but i feel she is stringing me along until she finds a man. Please help, what should I do???

If she refused counselling, she was refusing to acknowledge that she had a problem or that she played any part in the problems you shared. If she needs you to call every couple of days, she has not successfully moved on. It does indeed sound as though she's using you as comfortable and handy till she finds the person she will take more seriously

1