Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010-01-13

Relationships

If marriage is the ultimate goal of relationships and the right thing to do, then why the hell do people fall out of love when they are in relationships and seek others. Is marriage really the ultimate for man and woman, man and man, woman and woman. Why did God make it so hard to remain inlove and faithful with your ' choosen mate' ?

I am stuck between a wall and a hard rock, I have been in a relationship with someone going for almost 4 years now. We have had our ups and downs and more downs... at the beginning of the relationship, everything felt as though it was the right relationship untill things started happening and now it feels as though we have totally different future goals and things just seems not to be going well.

I thought he was the one that I would spend the rest of my life with, but Im almost certain, he is not ..... and this scares me...... will I always end up looking for someone.... or will there evetually be the one I am willing to compromise for????

I;m not sure that its supposed to be the goal of ALL relationships - you have rewarding relationships with your children, friends you don't marry, your minister, doctor, dentist, and so on.
Maybe it's harder to stay in love when you didn't really get to know each other first ? Maybe sometimes you expect too much ( not that you should settle for secon best, but sometimes you expect superhuman features from a mere human ).

1