Question
Posted by: Johan | 2009/10/21

Relationships

Maybe I am over complicating the issues.

Everybody throughout their whole life is involved in different kinds of relationships. However, that is one aspect of life for which no one gets any training. How do people become good at relationships?

I have two teenage children –  how can I teach them to be good at relationships? Is there a course or a book that you can suggest? I just feel that relationship skills are not something that will necessarily come natural to all people. It surely did not come natural to me –  that is why I am divorced!

Some seem to have a natural talent, most of us learn by trial and error. Maybe the best way to help your children learn to be good in relationships, is to demonstrate it in your own relationships, with them and with others. And encourage them to form a range of friendships and social relationships

3
Posted by: Well done | 2009/10/26

Jeez, i wish there were more people out there like you! to admit your " wrongs"  and to be willing to learn from them especially in the relationships department is something many can not do, even silently to themselves. Your kids have a good dad. Well done! I hope some people reading this will learn from you because it can only benefit themselves.

Reply to Well done
Posted by: almost mad | 2009/10/22

Teach them good morals and maybe join social groups. there are also books where you and your family can do excersises together that will teach them to communicate effectively etc.

Reply to almost mad