Posted by: Tricia | 2008-12-03

I' v divorced for about 3 years and was wondering what would be the key things to look out for in a new long term relationship? I' ve really analized the reasons why we got divorced to a great extent.

What I' ve realized lately is that I tend to like guys with similar characteristics than my x and this worries me a bit.

Its actually very common for people to like a certain type of person ( whether or not that happens to be the best type of person for their happiness ) and to keep seeking out the same sort of person in successive affairs or marriages, sometimes with unfortunate and unhappy results. Counselling / therapy can be a useful way to explore this, understand it, and modify it, for your own best interests