Question
Posted by: Confused | 2010/02/17

Relationship problems

My husband doesn’ t want to visit or be with my family, but expects me to be with his.
We have a 14 month old daughter and I feel that it will affect her as she will ask me why isn’ t daddy spending time with my family , but spending time with his?
My husband says that my family are racists and too religious but he is making it seem much worse than it actually is. His family are also racists and they don’ t believe in God.
The issue is he blows up whenever someone says something even a little bit racist and he’ s also tried to keep quite when someone says something racist. The blowing up doesn’ t work for me and the keeping quite doesn’ t work for him.
How do we get around this?

All relationships turn out to be more difficult than mos people expect ; and racial, cultural and religious differences make it even more dificult. It is ESSENTIAL to discuss all these issues and the possible probl;ems they Might cause, before embarking on such a marriage.
Marriage counselling might help, but only if you both took part willingly and truly wanting to sort this out

3
Posted by: confused | 2010/02/17

We don' t have an inter racial relationship, it' s a same race marriage.

Reply to confused
Posted by: me | 2010/02/17

that' s the thing with inter racial relationships. u giuys should have known b4 crossing the boundaries... there are serious differences an dpeople tend to think that because they are in love they can overcome anything.. reality check, that is not true!

Reply to me