Posted by: Mia | 2009-01-30

Relationship on 2 diff. paths

Been in my relationship for 11 years, its been a very hard one, with alot of downs, his family are not a caring family, they can go months with out saying hello, He is superglued to his sister, she depends on him, which obviously i dont like. We are from 2 very different religions, he had not gone to church since we been together, now for the past month , he has been going to church with his SISTER, and has changed our lifes completely EG: no more swearing, no violent movies, if there is swearing on the tv he blocks it out. But let me mention that he use to do drugs about 9 years ago, swear like a trooper, verbally abuse me. SO i asked him why the change now, so he said its cause he wants to change before the :END OF DAYS:, and that im not living life properly so im gonna go to hell. Previously we have had alot of probelms and i moved out (we have a joint house)

I cant cope with all these changes?? ANy suggestions??

Also try the parenting forum here, to hear from other moms with similar problems. I find when people start talking about The End of Days, they tend to belong to a cult rather than a normal religion, and it can be an ominous sign ! And should be considered the End of Relaionship. Escape. This does not sound like someone prepared to asdmit or deal with his or joint problems. Talk with POWa or some similar group to plan a safe escape. This is ominous

Posted by: i don' t get it | 2009-01-30

this poor man has changed and not abusing you, not doing drugs anymore and here you are COMPLAINING - what the heck do you want?

Reply to i don&#39 t get it
Posted by: sideways | 2009-01-30

Run like the wind and don' t ever look back. Don' t even say goodbye. Seriously, find a way to disappear and have no more to do with this man. Free yourself and find a happier life.

Reply to sideways
Posted by: Mia | 2009-01-30

He says his church does not talk about it, but him and his sister and aunt and mom do. He even watches dvd about it. all of a sudden there are religions books at his bedside table.

Reply to Mia
Posted by: Mia | 2009-01-30

Well thats what i say, he is adament its near. SOmething about 2012. I choose to ignore cause when he talks to me he runs down my religion and tells me i dont believe in GOD. This religion this has put a HUGE wedge in between us.

Reply to Mia
Posted by: Too true babe | 2009-01-30

" Yeah " has got it spot on, get out and keep running. These religious zealots who sudden " see the light"  are scary people to be around. This guy seems to be one that swings to the extreme in everything he does be it drugs or religion. I have said it before, people to do drugs, hard or soft, fry their brains and seem to kill off parts of it, never to recover. Its irreversible. They can be very dangerous in the emotional sense to any relationship with a normal person. Rather let him seek out a like minded spirit ( I am sure sister and their church can match them up) but for you... Get going and good luck, this situation will NEVER be resolved and you will end up messing up your life and for what ???

Reply to Too true babe
Posted by: bodybags | 2009-01-30

" before the end of days"  ????

Reply to bodybags
Posted by: Yeah | 2009-01-30

Run like hell and don' t look back - let him stay with his sister!

Reply to Yeah