Posted by: Beckham | 2008-11-05

Relationship issues

I have been dating this guy for the last 3 years but we have one issue that just cant be resolved...he feels that my parents do not approve of him as a boyfriend and he says that when he comes 2visit me at home, he does not feel welcome. i have asked my parents and they say this is not the case. however for the last while this has become so bad that he does not want to visit my home. when we together, on our own, things are great and we can see ourselves together forever but the parent issue hangs over my head like a big grey looming cloud. im tired of feeling that i have to choose between boyfriend and parents.
what should i do??

If he feels unwelcome in your parental home, well, he's the world expert in how he feels. He's concerned that they don\t approve of him as a bf for you --- do they or don't they ? If they don't approve of him, then he's accurate in what he's bothered about. If they do welcome him, as they apparently say to you, they could do more to make him feel welcome and liked. COuld they actually dislike him, but don't want to say so directly to you ?

Posted by: Sindy | 2013-10-01

i can only imagine what you are going through. the fact is love can be disspointing. you have been lied to and worst of all, she did not even have the courage to tell you why the relationship was not working. now that you know what kind of person she, i strongly suggest you move on as diffuclt as it will be. you will heal in time and find someone worthy of your love.

Reply to Sindy

good morning can you please help me as am now stuck in a relationship, my situation is like this i have been involved with this woman for almost two years and recently she told me that we must take a break she just needs space and i asked whas the reason she told me that its because we fight a lot so she think i give her too much stress i told her that in any relationship people fight and resolve their differences it all depends on communication and understanding, i tried tried to convince her that a break can lead to a breakup which is sumthnh that i hate as i truly lve ths woman n she maintained that she needs one month or two months break i told her that she either has someone she just want to weigh something between us or she does not love me anymore of wwhich she denied neither of them, she later told me that she is visiting her aunt we will talk when she come back and i suspected that she is visiting a boyfriend cause she has never at once stage talked about her aunt.i later foind out that she was indeed visiting the boyfriend cause i took the phone that i bought her i saw all the pics and the messages, she was even whatsapping with all her friends about this whole thing she even posted on facebook that she is with her new hubby and the inlaws. i called her her mother as they know me at her home and told her everything cause this person was not willing to talk to me as she was embarrassed. i told her to come the following day so we can sort out everything and she did come but she was screaming and shouting so w never resolved anything. she also went to the police and told them that i will publish her pics on internet of which is not true. we agreed that i will give her the phone so she can delete all the pics of which i did.they advised her to do a protection order i must not call her at all. i realy love this woman please advise me if i should continue with her or just move on as i truly love her and i have forgiven her